The marketplace is flooded with steam irons of dubious quality and you don’t want to end up paying too much for a steam iron that spits and sticks.
So here we have come up with some of the best steam irons that are worth every penny you pay for them. Now make your ironing less of a chore.
So lets checkout what are those selected steam irons.
10 Best Selected Steam Irons 2016 Reviews for Home Clothes
Customer Ratings : [usr 4.5]
The Rowenta DW5080 is a wonder steam iron when it comes to superior performance. The built and premium features have made this an instant favorite among ironers.
- The Rowenta DW5080 consists of a stainless steel soleplate which is highly polished so that it glides over the clothes and a precision tip that makes it easier to reach every nook and cranny.
- The soleplate has 400 micropores all the way up to the tip which ensures perfect steam distribution and an aluminum core in the steam iron evenly heats up the soleplate.
- An Auto-steam feature continually maintains an optimal steam output according to the temperature of the soleplate and it comes with a auto-shut off feature.
- Along with the self-cleaning features that enable the iron to flush out the mineral deposits, the Rowenta DW5080 also has an Anti-Calc feature that flushes out the impurities or calcium deposits in the water tank thus increasing the life of the iron.
- The water runs out fast in the Rowenta DW5080 but the good thing it can be refilled again and again just by tap water.
- This is heavy iron especially with the water tank filled which might not be preferable for some people.
- There have been complaints of dripping or leaking from the steam iron.
Customer Ratings : [usr 4.5]
This German Brand is known for the quality and build of its steam Irons and the DW5197 is a superior version of the DW5080.
- The 1725W steam iron has a Stainless Steel Soleplate with a precision tip and 400 micropores for perfect steam distribution all the way to the tip.
- The Rowenta 5197 boats of a variety of features like the Auto-Steam that automatically adjusts the steam output according to the heat setting and the Anti-Calc feature that gets rids of the impurities in the water keeps the pores clean.
- Two large buttons on the top account for the Burst of Steam and Water Spray. The iron is also provided with vertical steam to touch up the hanging garments.
- The dark tint of the water tank makes it inconvenient to gauge the water level.
- IT does not come off with an auto-shut off feature which might be an advantage for those in fashion but not be desirable by others.
Customer Ratings : [usr 4.4]
The Rowenta DW8080 is as professional as a steam iron can get. With the classic Rowenta built the iron has been made even more powerful than the other in the same range.
- The German-built 1700W Rowenta DW8080 has a highly polishes Stainless Steel Soleplate that has 400 optimally distributed micropores along with a precision tip.
- The Self-Cleaning and Anti-Drip features of the DW8080 ensure a longer life. In addition Anti-Calc prevents the formation of calcium deposits in the pores.
- In this iron the Burst of Steam is even more powerful and longer which cuts down your ironing time significantly. The large 12.7 ounce water tank can be refilled simply through tap water.
- In addition the auto shut-off feature cuts down the power after 8 mins in the vertical position and 30 sec in the horizontal position.
- It is hard to check the water level in the iron as the dark tint to the water tank hinders clear visibility.
- Since the steam propulsion in the iron is DW8080 is more powerful hence the water runs down quickly in spite of a larger water tank.
- No Steam Iron is completely leakage proof, so is the case with the Rowenta DW8080.
Customer Ratings : [usr 4.3]
One of Black & Decker’s top selling models, the Digital D2030 Steam Iron is real hit with customers who are looking for inexpensive sturdy long-lasting design.
- The most attractive feature of the D2030 is the mini LCD display in which you can input the temperature and fabric settings through a fabric guide printed just below the handle. So no more guessing.
- The 1500W Steam Iron has a Stainless steel soleplate with 25 indentations along the sides. A Steam Selector Dial is located conveniently just below the handle.
- The D2030 features the Vertical Steaming and Auto-Cleaning functions for the water tank that uses tap water.
- The 10-min Auto-shut off feature comes with motion sensitivity and sounds an alert when the iron is ready or shutting off.
- The Steam control knob is too sensitive and even an accidental bump of the finger can change the setting.
- The Digital display is said ti fade and flicker over time making it harder to read the setting.
Customer Ratings : [usr 4.3]
The 1400W Sunbeam Steam Master is a real catch for its price. You can get a pretty decent Iron with a great quality and a largely satisfying performance.
- The Steam Master has a Stainless Steel Soleplate that has 15 macro-sized steam holes along the sides. With the simple press of a button, you can send shots of steam and a lever lets you control the steam setting that also includes a dry option for materials like wool.
- An additional dual Spray Mist button lets you dampen the clothes when the creases are too rough.
- The location of the temperature control knob is just perfect at the front instead of underneath the handle that prevents accidental change in settings.
- The Steam Master boasts of a lot more with additional features like Anti-drip, 15-min Auto shut-off and a self cleaning button.
- The Sunbeam Steam Master is bulky in built that might not be preferable by some people.
- The dark tint of the water tank sometimes hinders the estimation of the water level.
Customer Ratings : [usr 4.6]
Panasonic has literally reinvented ironing with its NI-W810CS double-tipped Steam Iron. Its thoughtful and robust design makes it supremely efficient in making clothes look crisp in no time.
- The most useful feature of the iron is the unique Double-tipped Ceramic Soleplate that makes multi- directional ironing really convenient and saves a lot of time.
- The soleplate has steam pores located along the sides with an adjustable steam setting and a steam jet. The Vertical steam features is also available.
- The Anti-drip feature of the Panasonic NI-W810CS is more efficient than the other irons in this category. The Self-Cleaning and the Anti-Calc system keeps the pores clean.
- For safety measures it has a 3-way automatic shut-down system turns the heat off in 10 min if left on the heel and in 1 min if left flat or on the sides.
- The 3-leg heel of the iron is not sturdy and there is a danger of the iron tipping over easily hence it has to be placed on a stable surface.
- It might not get hot enough for ironing cotton which might be a problem.
Customer Ratings : [usr 4.1]
The sunbeam turbo Steam Master is a digital iron that gives you professional results with efficient design and maximum steam output. The 1500W Sunbeam is on the cheaper side but consists of all the major features that an ideal steam iron should have.
- The Sunbeam Turbo Steam Master features a Stainless Steel Soleplate with a precision tip and a digital display for setting up the temperature controls.
- The shot of steam, Vertical steam and spray mist feature calls for that immaculate creasing out of any kind of fabric with even steam distribution through both macro and micro pores on its soleplate.
- The Self-Cleaning system in the iron prolongs its life and the Anti-drip will prevent leakages at any temperature that you are working on.
- The premium 3-way motion smart auto-off feature will automatically shut down the iron after 15 mins of inactivity.
- The digital display might fade over time resulting in inconvenience for the customers.
- There are complaints of water leakage at really low temperatures but that is the case with almost every steam iron available in the market in this range.
Customer Ratings : [usr 4]
This Steam Iron might be on the lower side of the price spectrum than the other Rowenta Irons but it still boasts of the superb quality that the German brand is known for.
- The polished scratch-resistant Stainless-steel Soleplate has 300 micropores all over the soleplate including the center and the tip accounting for an even steam distribution.
- The powerful Shot of Steam button makes it much easier to get rid of the nasty wrinkles especially on cotton. You can also control the steam setting through a lever at the front or dampen your linen with the Spray Mist button.
- The DW2070 has a temperature dial just below the handle that gives you 6 fabric settings. You can also use the Anti-calc system one a month for cleaning up the pores from mineral deposits.
- The 8-min auto shut-off feature might not be so great for professionals in Fashion who might need the iron to be ready to use every time, but this feature is great for home as it an added safety for children.
- The durability of the DW2070 is a little dubious with complaints of leakages and the steam function not being powerful enough.
Customer Ratings : [usr 3.9]
The Rowenta DW9280 is a Super Iron in all respects. A great product especially for the professionals, the Iron can provides for a powerful steam output of 210gm/min that can crisp up your clothes with just a few strokes.
- The features Soleplate is made from polished stainless steel with an Ultra-thin Silicate coating for better non-scratch and non-stick operation. Micropores line the whole soleplate including the precision tip which also contains a Precision Steam Shot Zone.
- The Smart Steam Motion Sensor will stop steam formation when the Iron is not in motion thus saving up significantly on your electricity bills.
- Another notable Ready-temp system digitally controls the temperature according to the fabric setting that you choose and starts blinking when Iron is ready to use.
- The Self-clean, Anti-Calc and Anti-drip features are the perfect maintenance systems that prolong the life of the iron by cleaning up the water tank and the pores from any kind of mineral deposit.
- There is no need for adjusting the steam variation as the thermostat knob automatically controls the steam setting and makes your chore simpler.
- Since the DW9280 produces a lot of steam, hence, it drinks up a lot of water which mean more than a few drinks to the sink for you.
- This is one heavy Iron especially with the water tank full that can make ironing cumbersome for people with weak wrists.
Customer Ratings : [usr 3.9]
A precise and well-balanced design has made the T-Fal FV4495 an instant hit in the market. The T-Fal FV4495 proposes a variety of unique features to fulfill your every requirement.
- The Ceramic Soleplate has 64 macro and micro steam holes and even the weakest burst of steam is 80gm/min.
- The T-Fal includes a real convenient Easycord feature that keeps the 12-feet long cord out of the way and prevents it from crumpling up the cloth.
- The 1725W Iron powers up really fast and include the standard Anti-drip and Self cleaning system with calc-recollecting valve and anti-scale system to flush out the impurities typically found in hard water.
- There are some complaints of water spitting while using the shot of steam feature but the number of such complaints are very few as compared the overall positive review.
As per your need, We have compiled this list and reviewed the most selling steam irons 2016 which you can use to iron your home clothes.
You can select any of the above steam iron and can purchase them because they are very much cheap and affordable for you.
Hope you would take the right decision while purchasing the steam iron. 😀
Published on : 10th April, 2016 | Updated on : May 25, 2016